Friday, July 27, 2007

The new Star Trek movie: Young Spock is played by **WHO**???

CNN story here

Nimoy was joined by the newly named young Spock, "Heroes" star Zachary Quinto, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Nimoy.


Um, WHAT?! Maybe with a lot of makeup, eyebrow reconstruction and tape-tucking. And who is this guy? He's SYLAR from the show "Heroes". SYLAR, people. The one who was whacking people left and right, then chopping into their brains so as to steal their superpowers. YUCK. If I even go see the movie, I'm going to see Spock butchering peoples' brains. SHUDDER.

Leonard Nimoy is one of my all-time favorite actors, and Spock is one of my all-time favorite characters. I can't believe they're doing this. This Quinto guy better be one of the best actors in the world in order to overcome his current perception and really become our beloved Spock.

No comments: